Sector: Residential construction
Location: Sassuolo (MO)
Date: May 2014
Products: PBS and STR/STC single anchor points
- Built in early 80s, the villa roof presented some common issues for old houses:
i. A large amount of dormers and a particular roof shape increased the risk of pendulum effect;
ii. The whole roof was not waterproof, therefore it was compulsory to avoid fixing methods that could cause any water infiltration.
- Need for a low visibility of the lifeline
OUR SOLUTION: Single anchor points and waterproof PBS posts
- Sicurpal solved the risk of pendulum effect installing several STC single anchor points under the shingles on gables and STR in the corner hips.
- Thanks to the slim design of its devices, PBS line is the best post-based solution to minimise the visual impact of the lifeline.
- To avoid water infiltration problems, Sicurpal spread a tar paper ply between pole and structure and installed a small lead gutter on every device after completion of the lifeline.